Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Monday, November 9, 2009

Why I'm such a failure...



Well that's a dramatic way to start an entry - now that I've got you intrigued I'll waffle on for a bit explain WHY I haven't posted any new recipes.

I've been gardening...

Alot...

...Pretty much all I've been thinking about (in my spare time - I do actually work and study) is how to make my garden(s) nicer...

And realising it...



A and I went away to the country for a few days over the Melbourne Cup weekend - good time to get outta flemo. I spent that time, drinking alot, sleeping alot, adventuring the new Bunnings in town and cooking with A's Dad (my obsessive nature did get the best of me at one point when I cleaned out the fridge...).

We had my oldest friend Paige and her man-friend for dinner and cooked up a MASSIVE greek feast. We've been snacking on left overs ever since! It was deliceous and quite the effort to put together, even with A's Dad and I both in the kitchen... hence, the mad rush to serve the food - I forgot to take any photos :(

A's mum isn't eating any carbs at the moment so a monday night dinner was the perfect occasion for a cooking challenge! Due to storms, internet was out so I had to settle for A's dad's AMAZING recipe book collection.
.. More on this great recipe in the next post...


Once home again I set myself the goal of creating a workable spare room/den for study/craft/ gym...
- going with an industrial/schoolhouse theme on a budget, not as amazing as the inspiration but we're gettin it.

A is very happy with the new $40 desk/krumm's fortress, not so happy with the futon couch and old desks sitting on front porch.



We've recently aquired two new/old bikes - no room inside, oh dear we're going to need to keep them outside... A's response, "After exams I'm going to have to build a shelter for them...", Me in response - "Or we could get a couple of tarps and I can make covers for them..."

Genius! Cost effective and easy.

Did I mention this is the last week?

In the last few days I've been running from the laundry to the gardens trying to use as much of the water from the washing machine as possible (tonight I broke my record- not one bucket wasted), pottering the house and attempting to be better at french... with the help of Renaissance Luke I'm a good 6 years from being any use... C'est la vie... I think?

Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment