Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pepper



So as you've gathered, or already knew, Boyfriend and I recently moved to Flemington, or as I like to call it - Flemo! This is my first entry of a cafe in this area - it is our local of sorts.

Monday saw Paige and man friend, Twin A and bf, Krumm and myself at Pepper for lunch. A and I went to Peppers for our first Flemo breakfast, and have since become quite familiar with the place.

On this occasion, we all opted for the breakfast menu. I went for Peppers Special breakfast salad consisting of smoked salmon and poached eggs (thats right two eggs - none of this one egg business) on a bed of asparagus and rocket salad with hollondaise sauce.

I very much enjoyed my lunch - I'm not sure how well it would have gone as a 9am breakfast, but for a light protein rich lunch on a hot hot day it went down a treat. I was a little disappointed with the smear of hollondaise, but as it was lunch time it was understandable that they may have been running low. The eggs were poached perfectly and the serve of salmon was both fresh and generous.

There is nothing overly fancy or protentious about Pepper - good produce, fresh and largely organic/sourced locally. They serve all the usual breakfast and lunch meals with some creative non-complex treats in the mix as well. For a good meal Pepper is it.

Reasonable pricing, good service, and a nice atmosphere. With a bit of hip-hop or fine jazz pumping just to mix it up a little.

Open early till 9pm most nights, it's a great place for a glass of wine after work - just opposite Newmarket station.

44 Pin Oak Crescent, Flemington 9372 2726

No comments:

Post a Comment