Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Monday, February 15, 2010

Takumi Japanese Restaurant

Takumi has been on my list of places to go for a few months now - yes I have a list, it's in a pink smiggle notebook. The dinner menu is pretty pricey and as their speciality is Wagu beef, it's not that great for a pesceterian like me, but I had heard through the blog-vine that the lunch special bento boxes are awesome. So finally, I joined boyfriend in the city for his lunch break on a recent day off.

If modern and original Japanese is your style then Takumi is for you. Lunch, from 12pm-2pm monday through to friday has a special menu available - include a Wagu beef burger!?
On got an Ebi fry bento box with deep fried prawns, fish, salmon and scallop sashimi and rice and salad. It was really good. The sashimi was deliciously fresh. Although a simple bento it's the little things like flavoured seaweed shake over the rice and dipping sauce that made this such a special box.

When I'm in the mood for fresh and healthy Japanese I'll come back, when I'm in the mood for cheap and sticky Japanese I'll go the j caf!

Takumi Japanese Restaurant

32 Bourke Street Melbourne CBD, 3000
TEL: 03 9650 7020 FAX: 03 9650 7817

Teppansan Japanese Cafe

179 Russell Street Melbourne CBD 3000



No comments:

Post a Comment