Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hanuman Restaurant, Darwin

On a recent business trip (yes I can say that) to the Northern Territory I had the pleasure of dining at Hanuman, a delicious and well known Thai/Indian concept restaurant in the CBD.

Okay, so I say business trip but what I really mean is 'kinda like work experience' trip - it was one of the most emotional and satisfying trips of my young life, completely amazing.

So anyway, that's why I was in Darwin.

Hanuman is a beautiful restaurant, with multiple dining spaces, high ceilings and even an outside dining room overlooking Mitchell Street.

We started off with the hanuman oysters and the bombay pakoras.


Okay, so I didn't actually try an oyster - as much as I try (three times in total) I can never get it down. But Ian said they were amazing! The pakoras were yummy, if a little dry.


I had the kapitan prawns with coconut rice and roti for my main and I'm pretty sure that Ian had the beef jungle curry.


Ian was good, and didn't stuff himself silly, I on the other hand wanted to lick my plate clean with fear of food regret - its an epademic amongst my friend network.


So my curry was amazing. The prawns were juicy and fresh. I love a good lemongrass curry - it's probably my favourite. But this one was exception - the fresh flavours of the turmeric, lemongrass, lime and coconut enveloped the prawns and sticky coconut rice so well. Not at all one of those curries that you pick the best bits out of - this whole thing was freakin' amazing!


I would wager that any of the main dishes here would be worth trying for the refreshing and clean take on thai and indian cuisine.

Also my friend Lisa (it turns out) works at Hanuman in Darwin, so we were able to set up a lovely lunch date the following day!

hanuman darwin

(other locations in cairns and alice springs)

holiday inn esplanade
93 mitchell street
darwin
northern territory

telephone: (08) 8941 3500

No comments:

Post a Comment