Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Abyssinian






In April. Yep, that's how behind I am. For my mum's birthday, the fam trusted me to find a suitable restaurant to celebrate. I've been wanting to try to Abyssinian since we moved to Flemo in September last year! Because the focus is really on share-food I have been saving it for a special occasion.

I love a restaurant with a menu on the website, it makes finding a suitable restaurant so much easier, and means I can choose what I'm going to have in advance - saves on ordering times and means I can spend more time talking with the company - lol. You can find the website here.

I loved the warm service here, the wait staff and the owner took alot of pride in the establishment and made the meal experience lots of fun, they also had no qualm with us taking our time on ordering despite the constant threat of a queue outside. We ended up deciding on a meat banquet for 4 and a vegetarian banquet for 3, which was just enough for all.


I would say, if you're not a fan of lemon you might want to order a side of rice, as the traditional flat bread which mains are served on and eaten with is quite lemon-y. The curries, were light and delicious but still with a well rounded flavour, only achieved through careful cooking. I very much enjoyed the vegetarian platter, as well as the little bit of fish I stole from the meat platter. Although it's not a cuisine which I would crave every week, I shall be returning with friends who haven't tried Ethiopian fare and trying more of the seafood options.


The Abyssinian
277 Racecourse Road Kensington,
Victoria 3031

Bookings call: (03) 9376 8754
(bookings are recommended for large tables or for friday-sunday dining)

No comments:

Post a Comment