Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Potato Gnocchi with fresh tomato and spinach sauce

So Labor Day weekend right. Boyfriend's mum gave us some kickass home grown potatoes - we roasted some of them but I still had a fair few left and decided to make some gnocci for tea.

I am a gnocci snob. I either fry up baby gnocci with some sliced shallots, garlic, fresh tomato, basil and parmesan or I make my own. If I really can't be bothered making my own I opt for premade with higher potato ratio over cheese ratio. otherwise I think it's a bit clammy.

That's enough of an explanation I think onward to the recipe!

Shopping trolley.

Gnocchi.
I kilo good potatoes, boiled with skin on
3 cups plain flour
1 egg
Salt and pepper
1 cup finely chopped basil leaves

Sauce.
1 cup baby spinach leaves
Handful basil leaves
Cup cherry tomatoes
4 tomatoes - peeled and deseeded. Mashed up heaps!
drizzle olive oil


Parmesan cheese for serving.

Okay so I use this recipe from Best Recipes for the gnocchi, with the basil added at Step 2.

For the sauce.
Add all ingredients in a small saucepan, over a medium heat. Add some water to thicken, if need be.

Add the cooked gnocchi to the simmering tomato sauce. Serve with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment