Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chocolate overdose...

A friend of mine/ regular reader and I are constantly trading recipes and trying to show each other up in the kitchen. But we hadn't actually sat down for a cooked meal until recently. So, along with the gf and bf we sat down for a yummy dinner at their house. Oh and what a dinner- home made miso, agedashi, gyoza, asian green salad....

So I decided I couldn't just make any dessert, and as the monthly drew closer my craving for chocolate grew, hence the chocolate mousse companion for the chocolate tart. It took me ages to find a recipe I was happy with but when I stumbled across the Lindt website I knew no other recipe would suffice!

So seriously check these recipes out - Amazaballs!

The mousse, using alot less chocolate than the tart was gorgeous and set really well in the couple of hours before dinner time. I used 71% cocoa instead of the 85% and I am glad I did as it was pretty rich. I also added a bit more sugar to the mousse which balanced out the dense chocolate bite.

I kept the tart recipe pretty much the same, but attempted to have it ready the same day - it really does need 8 hours to set. Also trust me - this is not a dessert for four this is a dessert for twelve! So rich, a slither is just perfect.

Tip: I used this recipe for the pastry, but might have tried the lemon tart pine nut crust recipe found here from a few months back.

P.S Said friend's Japanese feast was impressive - hope I can show them up next time with our Mexicana spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment