Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Sunday, October 4, 2009

let us recap


(photos: beers and delicious fries, aoli and olives at Little Creatures)

Sorry readers - I have not posted in over a month, all I can do is try to explain, recap and hope to update more often.

It is not as if I haven't eaten well, because I have. In fact, I've been eating and drinking so well over the last month and a half that A and I have decided to join forces and compact the fat together!

In August, you could say I was 'between houses', a couple I know, recently relocated to Melbourne so I offered them my house for a few weeks promising I'd be fine staying at A's house. I was fine (mostly) and it was fine really, especially once A and I realised we were pretty damn good at living together. Thank god we came to this conclusion because we are now living together in Flemington! That's right people we had to move to an entirely new suburb to find some new food. (Side note: well actually, it's weird as I've discovered since leaving North Fitz, a few places I didn't know about - thanks jessho for trippy tacos - will be adventuring into the area again soon!)

So apart from the birthday in August, enjoyed at Dexters for breakfast, Little Creatures for lunch and Moroccan Soup Bar for dinner, August was the 'I'm between places right now' month. Followed immediately by September, the month of ' holly crap that was quick we've got a house and now have to move into said house!', which we did over the first and second weekend. My god moving house is exhausting isn't it?

First night in the new digs: beer and laksa king on the couch with prawn springrolls from Vy Vy... me thinks (I said to myself) I'm going to like flemington! Omg I mean I knew Laksa King was supposed to be amazing (lines onto Racecourse rd to get a table, other restaurants looking on in wonderment) but it really was. I had the seafood laksa on my first night in Flem' and it was amazing! They sure know how to do the laksa takeaway! The soup serves seperate from the vegies, noodles and seafood so nothing gets over cooked! The seafood was cooked to perfection as well, the prawns were yummy and juicy - not dry like in many laksas. A suggested we get the prawn spring rolls from Vy Vy, just a few doors away (apparently they're the best). They really were yummy and complimented my laksa perfectly. Oh what a night...

Hmm so apart from a lot of laksa (three of four friday night meals) I've ventured out for yummy Japanese in the city at Izakaya Chuji, a massive tapas style bar/restaurant with friendly service and delicious fresh food. The fried squid with mayo is to die for and the agadashi tofu is the best I've tried in Melbourne.

I've also been to Tiamo2 a couple of times, without a long wait outside, we sat down to a fastapasta - rather than indulging in my usual Don Giovanni I have been opting lately for the eggplant pasta without the meatballs - its so good, i want it right now!

So apart from some cooking adventures at home - I think that pretty much covers the last couple of months...



Moroccan Soup Bar
83 St Georges Rd Fitzroy North VIC 3068 - (03) 9482 4240
Open Tue-Sat 6pm-10pm

Dexters
123 Queens Parade Clifton Hill - (03) 9486 5192
Open all week till late (except mondays)

Little Creatures Dining Hall
222 Brunswick St
Fitzroy VIC 3065
(03) 9417 5500

Laksa King
320 Racecourse Rd Flemington - 9372 6383
Open from 11.30am-10pm all week.

Vy Vy
318 Racecourse Rd Flemington - 9372 1426
Open all week 11.30am-10.30 most nights.

Chuji Izakaya
165 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Open Mon-Sat till late
(03) 9663 8118

Tiamo
303 Lygon St, Carlton - (03) 9347 5759
Open early-late all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment