Instagram

Instagram

Twitter

Thursday, July 16, 2009

roasted capsicum and ricotta fettucine

Totally bummed that I didn't take a pic of this dinner but alas my description will have to suffice.

Okay so I am not completely alone in preparing this dish. My little sister came to stay, were were considering what to make for dinner that night for us as well as a couple of friends (who made dessert). Thinking rice, we flicked the channel to Oprah and decided to change to fettucine. Our concluding recipe is as follows.

Shopping trolley.

200g ricotta
50g parmesan cheese (for garnish)
fresh garlic
2 (approx 500g) red capsicum
1/4 cup pinenuts
fresh fettucine
1 cup basil

Prepare.

Roast red capsicum (quarted and de-seeded) in hot oven (200celcius) until skin lifts off easily. This takes about 45 minutes. Once cooled, or if your fingers can take it, peel the skin off and slice. Set aside.

Cook pasta (enough for four) according to packet directions.

In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp and lightly roast pinenuts and minced garlic. Add capsicum.

Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add the capsicum and warm through. Toss basil leaves and pasta through until nicely distributed.

Serve and top with big sprinkles of ricotta cheese and a light shaving of parmesan cheese.

Seriously - this is freakin' awesome, i am so obsessed with ricotta right now. Do you know any good ricotta recipes?

2 comments:

  1. My sister is a vegetarian and sooo fussy but I think I will give this a try tonight and see if she will eat i because it sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cooked it twice now and both times it was great. I have never roasted capsicum before but now I love it! Thanks for the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete